We are all familiar with that person who refuses to throw away package boxes because it is ‘just too beautiful to throw away.’ They lovingly caress the box gushing about how sleek and lavish it looks.
Well, you want your packaging to evoke a similar emotion. The customer must fall in love with the product before they even open it. There are lots of custom packaging companies that can give that and more. From simple merchandise bags to high-end fabric bags and gourmet creations that exude sophistication and style. Custom boxes ensure your products arrive in style.
While many use the word ‘box’ to describe custom packaging, it is by no means only restricted to a box. There are many options for the typical ‘box.’ Customizing packaging usually involves picking up a shape unique to your venture logo design, adding a design or professional logo. Some brands even go as far as adding a name for their exclusive clients.
There are three printing methods normally used printing custom packaging
• Flexographic Printing: This works like a really big rubber stamp- a printing plate with your packaging’s design acts a huge ink pad that picks up ink and then stamps it onto your box. It is the cheaper of the two options
• Digital Printing: Digital printing is usually used for smaller sized orders. It is similar to the laser jet printer you use at home. It mixes the inks and then directly applies color and the design onto the custom box
• Litho Label Printing: Derived from lithography, it provides a much cleaner, greater resolution printing. Here the printing happens onto a paper sheet, treated, cut, and then attached to the box with an adhesive.
Custom boxes come in various sizes including but not limited to;
• 5-13/16″ X 5-3/4″ X 1-15/16″ – ideal for jewelry and other small items
• 7″ X 7-1/8″ X 2-1/4″ a great size for pharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals and packaging for shipping
• 9″ X 6-1/2″ X 2-3/4″ – a very popular size for subscription boxes of all types
• 12-1/4″ X 9-1/4″ X 4″ – our new large capacity lock front, ideal for shipping anything from full size snack foods to pet toys.
Custom boxes are made from different kinds of materials including Eco-friendly and renewable resources; if that sort of thing matters to you. Most suppliers are happy to add trimmings such as crinkle-cut fillers, tissue paper, ribbons, bow and much more to complete the whole look.
Have an uncommon design? Have no fear. There are companies that are always on the lookout for unique designs to add to their ever-growing collection of cutting die and stock mailer inventory. You just have to spend a little more time looking for them.
If you have a cause you care about, there a lot of room on a custom box to highlight that cause. Customers love brands with a conscience. Only add a little message on what you stand for to side or top. It could be a story, poem or paragraph; it doesn’t matter, as long as it passes on your message.
So, go forth; get an impressive custom box to give your product an upper edge.