When it comes to promoting your business, there are many venues one can take to get the word out about specials, grand openings and other special opportunities available. These may range from newspaper ads or fliers, radio spots or perhaps even television, but the biggest part is to make sure that people remember your company name and what you have to offer. A great way to do this is to have a way to put something memorable in their hands, and while there are many designs and choices to consider, there is much to be said for card affixing (also known as tipping).
Card affixing is when direct mailers have pieces, covers, packages, signatures, or other items loosely to them so that the recipient(s) can easily take that item of. There are a variety places you can implement card tipping. A few of them include:
- Coins, tokens, magnets and keys
- Faux cards
- Gift, incentive and reward cards
- Loose enclosures
- Lotion packs and other product samples
- Magnet applying
- Magnetic security strips for retail products
- Multiple items may be affixed to a single carrier (Pre-approval required)
- Padded coupon or entry form pads
- Static plastic or cardboard credit cards (CR-80)
So now that you know some of the places card affixing can be used, perhaps you are wondering what benefits there are. After all, isn't paper just that - paper? If that is your approach, then consider these advantages of card affixing.
1. Give potential customers information about your company without large, bulky mail outs. Tipping makes it easier and more appealing for recipients.
2. Card affixing makes it easier for others to share your information or services with others. By including your contact info or perhaps a special deal on the pieced that is affixed to your mail out, it makes it easy for people to share info about your services with others. (Plus, it is like sending 2 items for the price of 1).
3. People may remember things they see or hear on electronic media, but when you put something in their hand, you make it easy for them to recall what you have available.
4. Tipping is durable. Although the design allows people to remove a smaller item from a larger one, the piece will not simply "fall off" min the mail.
Card affixing is a great way to let people know who you are and what you have to offer them. No matter the size of your business, your company can benefit from using card tipping. Talk to a professional printing company and learn what designs and features they have available.