Baseball uniforms are those, which the baseball players across the globe wear while playing. The first baseball uniforms were worn by the New York Knickerbockers Baseball Club during a match in the year 1849. The baseball uniforms have several parts and these include: jerseys, vests, pants, caps, socks, shoes and gloves. These days, the uniforms come with different logos and colors to distinguish the teams.
Different parts of baseball uniforms:
Now let’s have a look at the components of good baseball uniform styles as per the details of the present time.
- The shoes: The shoes are one of the important parts of the baseball uniforms and depending on the preference of the players, the color of shoes also changes. But now black is the only color, which is chosen for the shoe for baseball uniforms. It is because, black is a universal shade, perfectly matches with any and every shade and most importantly, this shade offers a great foundation for other parts of baseball uniform.
- The socks: In the baseball uniforms, the socks work as the mercy of pants. As there is no rule about the baseball pant length, therefore the players can choose the style as per their preference. For instance, David Wright prefers to go high-cuffed during the day games and low-cuffed during the night games. Most of the high cuffer players choose to wear solid colored socks and some of them prefer stirrups.
- The pant: The baseball pants are an important part of the overall baseball uniform. The baseball pants don’t come with any regulations regarding the heights. Players can choose to wear the pants above or below the cuff depending on their preferences.
- The jersey: The baseball jersey uniforms have also gone through some modifications. During the 1970s and 80s, there were pullovers used as the jerseys. After that, there were button front shirts. Now there is even zipper front shirt used as the jersey. Apart from the style, there are some more things, which differentiate the baseball jerseys. There is a simple chest venture logo placed on the home jersey. Besides, these days, there are solid-colored alternate baseball jerseys, which are really preferred by the junior baseball players.
- The cap: Having a cap is a must in every baseball uniform. The baseball caps were not invented to guard the players’ eyes from the harmful sun rays or to differentiate the teams. Rather, it was invented as a part of the baseball uniform as during mid-1800, no gentleman used to appear outside with uncovered head. The trend is on, even in this sunglasses equipped, more casual era. To make things more fashionable, the baseball caps are now available with the team nicknames or venture logo illustrations or the initials of the home city. Along with the cap, the under brim has also changed. Earlier, this was green, therefore, it was changed to light grey and now it is black.
- Batting helmet: This is a type of helmet used by the batter to protect his ear and head facing the pitcher from the ball. Professional batting helmets come with only a single ear protector (for the lefties, the protection is for the right ears and for the right-handed batters, the protection is for the left ear. Batting helmets for junior and amateur people come with both ear protectors to protect them from loose balls.
- Catcher’s helmet: This is a protective helmet that comes with a face mask for the catchers. The latest style of this helmet features a fully integrated mask and helmet, which is quite similar to the hockey goalie mask. But the traditional version of this helmet comes with a separate mask, which is worn over the helmet, quite similar to the batting helmet, except the fact that it comes without any ear protection.
Considerations of choosing the right baseball uniforms:
Like any other games, even in the game of baseball, the players are assigned different roles on specific parts of the pitch. As such it becomes quite tough for the audiences to detect any player. But identifying every player is necessary, so wearing custom baseball jerseys is very necessary for every team member.
There are much more reasons to customise uniforms than just to identify individual players. The customised uniforms also make the players really popular among their fans in the big games and the fans often try to copy their idols. So, if you are thinking of designing custom team jerseys baseball for your team member, then it is better to be aware of the things that take to design a great uniform.
- Name of the team: While it comes to designing a baseball uniform, always use something unique. Coming up with some team name, which has not done before often becomes difficult to do. A different name can stand out easily while making others notice the name.
- Colors: Selecting the right colors, which fit with the personality of the team members while making the team stand out are a really daunting job. Almost all the baseball teams choose to wear the shades like navy blue, red, royal blue or black. Even you can choose these colors for your team, but pairing these colors with some less used colors will be the best option. Grey, black and white are some other neutral shades, which you can use with the preferred team uniform color. But don’t choose for than two colors, otherwise the uniform will look like the uniform of clowns. So, before choosing the final uniform, check out how beautifully the colors go together.
- Team venture logo: While it comes to choosing the right team venture logo, it is necessary to visit some illustrations and stock photography websites. Start by performing a quick search about the sports logos. There are numerous logos on the web to select from and you can easily choose one for less than what you need to pay an art fee. The modifications that you like to perform will be done by that website and you don’t have to worry about anything.
- Fonts: Take the help of numerous free fonts, which are available on the web and choose the right one that matches with the attitude of your team. In this case, the first thing that you need to keep in mind is how vital it is that all the things on the jersey look legible. Besides, never forget to focus on the number glyphs while it comes to deciding on the fonts. For instance, in case you are thinking of getting screen print or tackle twill, then choosing a distorted or eroded font will be a bad idea. On the other hand, in case you are considering getting sublimated jerseys, then there is no need to be concerned about the type of font, which you use as long as it is understandable to do the sublimation application process.
- Simplicity: Never underestimate the importance of simplicity while it comes to designing a custom uniform for your baseball team. The best baseball uniforms are those, which have different things going on as well as have different types of colors used in it. Never opt for any shoulder or panel designs or never use any fancy ribbing or fancy arm and try to keep things simple. All you can do is to use modest two colored panels and try to focus on creating the team name in such a manner, which looks just great. This way, the overall look of your uniform will be special.
- Choosing the right fabric: At present, the baseball uniforms are stretchy and lightweight that allows the players to move freely and easily. Besides, these uniforms also come with some sweat absorbing or wicking fabrics, which are usually known as moisture management. This thing helps the players to remain comfortable and dry while ensuring great breathability. So, while it comes to customize your baseball uniform from the baseball uniform store, choose only high quality fabrics, which can withstand the physical nature of this game. Besides, always try to maintain the fabric through proper cleaning and storage methodologies.
- Get inspiration from the league teams: In case you are planning to choose a custom baseball uniform for your high school team and not getting ideas about what to do, then you can get inspiration from the MLB uniform designs. This way, you can either settle on a single design or can combine different types of designs as per your preference.