Do you have a line dancer on your Christmas gift-buying list? Are you scratching your head trying to think of a unique gift to buy him or her? Never fear! It is really very simple and there are numerous things you can buy to brighten their holiday. Here are some great suggestions:
* Shiny new belt buckle – the guys love those big belt buckles!
* Boot bracelet made from shiny beads
* Earrings or other jewelry
* Gift Certificate for a boot shop that sells boots and clothes for line dancers
* Line dancing instructions video or DVD for the beginner to practice with at home
* Tote bag to carry their special line dancing boots back and forth from class or a night out dancin’
* Gift certificate towards the purchase of nice Stetson hat
* One of those cute little black string ties for the guys
* Go to a custom T-shirt store and get a t-shirt made that says “I LOVE LINE DANCIN'” or something like that
* One of those flat, letter sized document portfolios to keep their line dance step sheets organized
* Mini tape recorder to tape line dancing instructions during a class
We used to wear the cutest earrings to our line dancing class. They were miniature cowboy hats. One of the girls made them and gave everyone a pair. You could make something similar – it’s not hard to make earrings – just by visiting a crafts store and getting the necessary findings. But be careful! You might get hooked on making your own jewelry.
Boot bracelets are another thing you can make using the supplies from a craft store. Just string bright, sparkly multi-colored beads together on a wire and attach a secure clasp (like the ones used for ankle bracelets) on the ends and, voila, you have a nice, personal gift for someone. I have also seen beautiful Southwestern beaded boot bracelets online. And remember, you only need to give one because you only wear the boot bracelet on one of your boots. Of course, you could give your favorite line dancer several to match their different line dancing clothes.
An inexpensive tote bag is nice in lieu of lugging boots around in a plastic grocery store bag. Remember, line dancing boots are lighter and the sole is smoother for dancing, so don’t wear them outdoors.
A lot of classes, like the ones we took in Hawaii, pass out line dance step sheets when new line dance instructions are taught. One of those document portfolios, the kind that maybe has a pad on one side with a pen at the top, and on the other side has a pocket for loose documents, would be nice for someone to keep their line dance step sheets in and also make notes about various things. It would fit nicely inside the tote bag!
This is the perfect time of the year for line dancing. The weather is cooler, and normal outdoor activities like gardening and jogging are basically on hold until Spring. But, it is still necessary to keep up some kind of physical exercise and line dancing fills the bill admirably. Just two or three line dance sessions a week will give you many health benefits.
Line dancing instructions are also great for improving your IQ (or keeping what you have!). Yes, it really is! Not if you just follow everyone else mindlessly, but if you concentrate on what you are doing and learn new line dances frequently, it will help you a lot. But, you have to put your mind into it for this technique to work.
So, encourage the line dancers in your family with a nice line dance gift for their Christmas. And… join them!