If you have a great content on your website but visitors find it difficult to find them, it is a complete waste of your time, effort, resources, and that of your visitors too. In addition to helping your visitors find important information, your website should also have such an impact on them that they will be prompted to make a move as expected.
In this article, I will give you some useful tips that will increase your website’s appeal and make it click-worthy.
Before I proceed with the tips, what does it mean when a website is said to be click-worthy? In addition to the general belief that the website should be worthy of being clicked and viewed or read, the idea is that users should find it convenient to find any important information they need and be motivated to take action. It is important to be aware of this definition because viewing your website is of little importance if your visitors are not moved to take action. Whatever action they take benefits you more than simply visiting your site for fun.
Having said that, here are some tips to increase the click-worthiness of your site:
1. Have some goals: This is the first thing you need to do before embarking on the design of your website. Having definite goal will increase the relevance of the website to some people. This, in turn, will lead to more appreciation as the intended audience have their needs met.
To set goals for your website, you need to ask yourself some questions such as:
- What is the objective of this website?
- Do you want to use it to sell a product or a service?
Without setting some goals for your website, you will find it difficult to align your content to meet some specific needs. As such, there won’t be any target audience and that will impact negatively on the click-worthiness of the website.
2. Use lots of verbs: When writing the content of your website, cultivate the habit of using verbs to spur your readers to action. This should start with your heading. You should increase its attractiveness by using verbs to call your readers to action. Some typical examples of such headlines are:
- Discover how to fortify your website security.
- Build your business website with easy.
- Find practical ways to increase your website conversion.
In each of the examples above, a verb is used to draw the attention of the readers to your content via your headline. I know you can come up with some headlines that are better than this. Please, do.
3. Take full advantage of layout conventions: When designing your website, take advantage of the existing layout conventions to make your website click-worthy. You already know where your navigation bars are. Your website venture logo also has a specific location on your website. These are the conventions that everybody knows. Your readers will find it odd if you place your navigation menu somewhere at the bottom of your page. Such practice may be considered by your visitors as unprofessional. That will affect the confidence in your products and services negatively. Without the desire to stand out unnecessary, use the common layout that everybody is conversant with. You have no need to change them because they have proved efficient for years.
Your website is your business corporate office. Its success depends on how click-worthy it is. Your responsibility is to make it as click-worthy as you can so that your visitors can find value in it. That will improve its conversion and the success of your business.